Weddy's War Zone

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dinner at Kat's

It was a lovely dinner with lovely people. Some I already knew and soem new faces too.

My target twin and I made a salad for dinner and I tell you Kat's a really fantastic cook. And so are her friends that contributed stuff.

Menu

Nibbles
Salsa and Corn Chips

Salad with green, red apples and raisins in a light cream sauce



Grilled Scallops crusted with Almonds and Orange Sauce



Starters

Tortilla with Potatoes
Fennel & Tomato Soup


Main
Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic


Desserts
Island Creamery Ice-Cream Cakes

It all looks so good right. Was a happy, contented, stuffed and slightly tipsy camper by the time I got home.

My man could not make it but Kat was ever so sweet and packed a little of everything (ok, more like a lot of many things) for me to bring back for him. Even he said the lamb was fantastic. And it was cold by the time he got it.

I especially liked the soup. Even though someone at the party claimed that it was too salty. What nonsense.

I was also pleasantly surprise that everyone loved the salad. I thought it was great but I didn't expect everyone there to enjoy it as much as me. They eat until finish, ok.

Only regret was that I was too stuffed (and drunk) to have any of the delicious cake. Which turned out not to be a bad thing since I am trying to control my ever increasing waistline.

Once again I would like to thank Kat for inviting me and my target twin to dinner and also my target twin for the salad recipe and the actual construction of the salad.

As the saying goes, "and a great and merry time was had by all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home